Thursday, April 03, 2008

1st Annual Midwest Fuckfest 2008: 5/16-17

by Myche J

My goodness, I just had to post this because a) I love the name, b) I love that it is in the Midwest, c) I love reading the band names.

Two days of mayhem, for sure. Do you think you can handle it? Are you up to the challenge? Here are the confirmed acts:

CIRCLE OF DEAD CHILDREN
FUCK I'M DEAD
THE DAY EVERYTHING BECAME NOTHING
DECRYPT
AFGRUND
SUBLIME CADAVERIC DECOMPOSITION
INSIDIOUS DECREPANCY
PUTRID PILE
SCREAMING AFTERBIRTH
A CASE OF THE MONDAYS
ERJONY
CEMETERY RAPIST
THE BEHOLDER
SIKFUK
PSYTOXIA
REPROBATION
GAIUS ACILIUS

Wow. That's one hell of a list. All are pretty awesome, although I'm intrigued by one that doesn't seem to fit in: A Case Of The Mondays. Sounds more like a Boomtown Rats song. But I know nothing about these guys - I'm sure they slay (or, more accurately, they better slay or be slayed).

There should be clinical studies done on people that go to both days. Check their vitals before, during and after. This would also make for a great documentary...

So it's all happening at The Rave Bar (2401 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI - which I've personally been to and can confirm that it's a cool venue). Ticket prices are as follows: $20 for a one day pass; $35 for a two day pass.

Go, and get fucked.

No comments: