Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Question of the Day: I love Meshuggah, but I'm not nuts about Ministry...is it worth my time & money to catch their upcoming tour together?

by Wayne Graham

Don't get me wrong....Ministry is an important band and all, and I enjoy quite a bit of their music, but if I were to attend one of the shows on their upcoming tour, I'd really only be going because Meshuggah is opening for them. But do I want to shell out $40 bucks (and then more in Ticketmaster fees on top of that) just because I love the opening band? Can't I just wait for them to headline? Good question, and maybe some of you are in the same boat. Perhaps this blurb from a Blistering.com interview (by way of Blabbermouth) with Meshuggah guitarist Mårten Hagström will help us decide.

Blistering.com: You guys are getting what, 45 minutes for
this tour, right?

Mårten Hagström:
Yeah, I think it's 45 minutes, I'm not 100% sure. We'll be playing two tracks
off the new album. We have an opening set and a headlining set, but it's kinda
difficult. Obviously, we'd like to have a little bit everything. We'll do
something off "Destroy", something off "Chaosphere", "Nothing", but I don't know how much
from each record, but I do know that we're aiming for two or three songs off the
new record.

Good to know. Something to bear in mind. Check out the entire interview HERE.

***UPDATE***

This tour has started, and from some digging around, it looks like the Meshuggah setlist is:

The Mouth Licking What You've Bled
Bleed
Electric Red
Perpetual Black Second
Pravus
Rational Gaze
Straws Pulled At Random
Future Breed Machine

This is the only setlist I'm turning up, so I'd imagine this will more or less look like this for every tour date. That's 3 tracks from ObZen, 3 from Nothing, 1 from Chaosphere, and 1 from Destroy Erase Improve.

1 comment:

Mark said...

They'll come around alone, I'm banking on it myself. I can't sit through Al Jorg's pomposity anyway