Monday, September 08, 2008

Hook of the Day - The Gap Band "You Dropped A Bomb On Me"

by Myche

I shouldn't even have to explain myself, because in my humble opinion this is one of the greatest jams in history.

But I'm currently reading a really good book on the history of funk called Funk: The Music, The People, and the Rhythm of The One by Rickey Vincent. I'm halfway through and it's been great thus far. Puts things into context nicely.

As I was looking for videos for this JAM of a song, I came across so many good clips that I had to include them all. Start with the first, and keep going until you can't stand it anymore. Good stuff on so many levels.

Unfortunately, I can't find the video that you can embed on You Tube. Here's the link, but come back here once you've been properly funked. I love his move at 1:30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cT9OVDrnf0

Check out this lady's moves:



Which she thought were good enough to warrant an encore, with more makeup and better lighting (same apartment):



Note: If you time it right, it's fun to watch the first two at the same time to see how her moves compare.

For you pedophiles out there (it's a wonder they didn't get splinters on their feet):



Turtles love it:



In case by now you are afraid that these videos have made you lose your ability to dance (and dress), check out how it's done:

No comments: