Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Hook of the Day: Amon Amarth "War of the Gods"

As Chicago prepares for a massive snowstorm, my first order of the day was to prepare a hot cup of coffee in my French press and sit down to enjoy NPR's free stream of the excellent new Earth album. It's a lovely work, full of space and texture and nuance. I looked out the window and took in the dusting of snow on the ground, and went inside myself. Took stock of myself and my place in the world as my birthday approaches in a few short days. It was a nice hour to get the day started off on the right foot.

My second order of business was to finally get around to checking out the new Amon Amarth track. And now all I can contemplate is how much I'd love to chop off some fuckin' heads with a ridiculously huge battle axe while flaming arrows whiz by all around me. I can see Lake Michigan from my window. The second I see a Viking longboat appear in the distance, I'm pointing the speakers out the open window and shit's gonna get real.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go put this bastard on a loop and play God of War III at the same time. If all goes well, my Rich Little head will do his killer Scanners impression. (Which pretty much sounds like Ronald Reagan, like all the other bits.)

Amon Amarth "War of the Gods" by Metal Blade Records

1 comment:

Myche said...

Great post...