Saturday, December 06, 2008

List For Us To All Get Our Panties in a Wad About of the Day - IGN.com's Top 10 Doom Metal Bands

by Wayne

Hooray for lists!

These are salad days for doom metal, so why not make a list of the best doom metal bands of all time. Here's the 10 according to IGN.com.

St. Vitus
Trouble
Candlemass
Witchfinder General
Type O Negative
Paradise Lost
Earth
Sleep
Pentagram
My Dying Bride

All things considered, not a bad list. If I were to get picky, I'd say that Earth is more of a drone metal group, and then there's the notable omission of Electric Wizard, but whatever, dude.....

What say you all?

2 comments:

Myche said...

I think it looks pretty good. A lot of people claim Sabbath as a doom band, but kind of glad they are ommitted to make room for lesser known bands. In my mind I've always lumped My Dying Bride in with all those other three or four name bands with name slike that - had no idea they were doom. I'll have to check that out.

Trouble rules, of course.

Wayne said...

It was a good idea that they left Sabbath out. It's pretty safe to just consider them as ground zero and build from there.

If Sleep, Trouble, Vitus, and/or Pentagram had been left off this list, there would have been mass riots. Slow, clumsy, weed-addled riots, but riots nonetheless.