Thursday, January 03, 2008

Top 5 Concerts Of 2007

Here are lists from MJ, MH, and WG (Wayne Graham who we met via the Heaven & Hell concert last year and have been hanging out with ever since - how cool it that?)

WG:

1. Tool @ Sears Centre
2. Rage Against the Machine @ Alpine Valley
3. Dillinger Escape Plan @ SubT
4. Queens of the Stone Age @ The Riv
5. Lollapalooza Day 3 (Pearl Jam, My Morning Jacket, Iggy and the Stooges, Rodrigo y Gabriela)

MH:

1. Y & T @ Chicago City Limits - They opened with Contagious. Of course that was my favorite
2. Parliament Funkadelic @ HOB - Something stank and I want some
3. GOJIRA @ HOB - knocked my socks off
4. Bob Mould @ Schubas - technical stuff aside
5. Dillinger @ SubT - Energy like you wouldnt believe, but duh, you were there...

MJ:

1. Parliament Funkadelic @ HOB – easy choice, and probably on my top ten of all time.
2. Roger Waters @ United Center – back-to-back years at #2, but this year’s was so much better – same show, but indoors worked so much better.
3. Eric Clapton Crossroads @ Toyota Park – I was there nine hours and only really got bored during John Mayer and Sheryl Crow. Jeff Beck ruled, and Steve Winwood had my mouth gapping open by his guitar playing. Seeing B.B. King for the first time was pretty magical. Clapton and Derek Trucks Band were good as well. Just a ton of great music...
4. Neil Young @ Chicago Theatre – the acoustic set was great, then the electric set blew my ass off.
5. Richard Thompson @ Park West – I’ve seen him several times - he’s one of my favorites and always good, but he makes the list this year because he rattled off the single greatest guitar solo I’ve ever heard live. Hands down.

No comments: